- PROVIDE SUPERIOR WATER QUALITY– Perma-Beads® are superb at capturing debris due to their unique shape, surface properties and density.
- NEED NO PLUMBING CHANGES – Switching to Perma-Beads® does not require any plumbing changes. Simply remove the sand and pour the Perma-Beads® into any sand filter.
- SAVE WATER – Perma-Beads® reduce both the frequency and duration of backwashes saving thousands of gallons of replacement water.
- SAVE MONEY – Perma-Beads® allow pumps to run cooler requiring less service and extending equipment life while reducing electrical operating costs and replacement costs.
- SAVE TIME – Perma-Beads® eliminate the time needed for frequent pressure monitoring, frequent backwashes of long duration, attempts to unclog compacted, channeled filters and replace compacted sand or other media.
- ARE PERMANENT – Perma-Beads® have been in continuous operation in thousands of filters for over 20 years without clogging, compaction, channeling or replacement.
- ARE PURE – Perma-Beads® are never made from scrape plastic from unknown sources or odd shaped material of varying chemical compositions. The consistent uniformity and professional quality of Perma-Beads® ensures the complete absence of any contaminants guaranteeing their use for sensitive species.
- RECYCLE NUTRIENTS – Perma-Beads® concentrate filtered waste nutrients in the backwash water which can then be applied directly to aquaponic or agricultural use as a free, all natural fertilizer.
HOW PERMA-BEADS® WORK
Perma-Beads® are specifically designed sinking beads to replace sand in any sand filter media system. There are no plumbing changes needed. Perma-Beads® eliminate clogging, compaction and channeling in any size, make or model sand filter. Perma-Beads® are spherical and about 3 mm in diameter. If you imagine these little spheres stacked up under the water flow there are tremendous interstitial spaces available to capture debris. Perma-Beads® have the slipperiness of Teflon but are much harder. Perma-Beads® are very dense yet fluidize easily upon backwash due to their unique surface properties. It is this special combination of high density and super slippery surface properties that allows the dirt to easily blow out of the filter upon backwash. No plumbing changes are needed.
Perma-Beads® are all of a uniform size, color, density and physical properties and we never use scrape plastic from unknown sources or odd shaped material of varying chemical compositions. The consistent uniformity and professional quality of Perma-Beads® ensures the complete absence of any contaminants. This quality guarantee has allowed us to use Perma-Beads® in numerous aquatic systems with delicate fish and invertebrates including critically sensitive government and private bioassay and research systems. Our customers have now been using Perma-Bead® media for over 20 years in thousands of sand filters. Many still are using the original Perma-Beads® after 20 years of continuous operation without clogging or channeling while providing superb water quality! Perma-Beads® are truly permanent and never need replacement.
Advanced Aquaculture Systems offers free technical support to determine the proper volume of Perma-Beads® to replace sand in any sand filter. We also offer free system design services for complete recirculating systems. Please do not hesitate to call or email with any questions you may have regarding any aspect of water quality. We always take a very personal approach to our customer’s inquiries and provide free technical support and professional system design services.